Things I'm loving right now:
- Reruns of One Tree Hill on SoapNet. I missed them all the first time around, so I'm enjoying how terribly soapy it all is.
- My grandmother is doing better and is back at home, albeit a "new" home -- an assisted-living apartment in the same facility she used to live in more independently. The prognosis is still the same -- 4-6 months, or really, any time at all she could stroke out -- but at least she improved enough to go home and try to live out her days more normally. It's not really hope, but it's something.
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Gets me teary every time.
- 10 Things I Hate About You on an actual movie channel rather than on TBS
- Working at home with cable TV in front of me
- My piano
- The fact that this day last year, Kevin and I were getting ready to introduce our families to each other for the first time at a restaurant down the street from the church we'd be getting married in just days later
- Big baguettes
- The brown sugar, garlic, and cumin rub we used on a flank steak on Sunday
- The people we've met through GFY
- Our book being slated to come out Feb. 1, 2008, barring any major disasters
- Snood Slide
- My showerhead -- a Hansgrohe rainshower contraption that is pure bliss.
- The previous owners of the house, who broke the existing showerhead in such a way that we had to replace the entire thing, thus leading to the abovementioned marvel of cleansing technology.
Things I'm not so into right now:
- The O.C. reruns on SoapNet. I don't know -- I'm just not feeling it. I watched the finale of season one and most of season two when it aired the first time, and it was okay, but I figured maybe this would help me get the show's early appeal a bit better. Alas, no.
- Ice Princess on Encore. It's the worst movie in the world and yet I can't turn it off. And can't NOT turn it on. I hate myself. And I really hate the main character.
- My inability to get back on a regular exercise schedule. If I wait too late in the day, it's all over. Not happening.
- The Flames being down 2-1 to Detroit in the NHL playoffs
- My beloved Brady Quinn getting bagged on during the pre-draft hype. I just want him to end up somewhere nice where he'll thrive. Is that so much to ask? Is it?
- Not being able to make it to MB's baby shower over Memorial Day weekend
- The asshole who came to fix my oven, told me I was crazy and that I just needed to preheat it a bit longer to get it to reach the right temperature, ignored me when I said we'd had it on for three hours one day and it still didn't get right or cook the food properly, and left, shrugging, "I'll put in a claim to the home warranty company but I don't really know if they'll fix it." What, it's not broken ENOUGH for you when it's not cooking the food? You want to laugh at me when your thermometer puts it at only 8 degrees off, when my oven thermometer claims it's at 250 when the oven's own thermostat alleges it's fully preheated to 400? You want to claim this is because my oven thermometer was made in China? You want to be that kind of asshat? You don't want to help me figure out what might be wrong with it if it's NOT the internal thermostat? FINE. I am going to complain about your rotten company to my warranty people. AND I AM GOING TO GET MY BLOODY OVEN FIXED.